LG Recertification Classes are for those who are currently certified as a lifeguard and need to renew their certification. You must present proof of a prior certification, and the certification date must be current.
What skills do I have to pass for my Lifeguard Recertification?
- Swim 300 yards continuously- Combination of Breast Stroke and Front Crawl (freestyle)
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards.
- Surface dive, feet first or head first, to a depth of 7 to 10 ft. to retrieve a 10-lb. object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
- There will be a brief review of rescue skills, entries, breathing and cardiac emergency skills.
- Demonstrate various physical rescue skills and breathing/cardiac emergency skills.
- Pass the final written exams with a minimum grade of 80 percent on each.
- No events in this category