How do I become lifeguard certified?
We will certify you! You will receive a link to register once you have completed an interview. Once you are registered make sure to pay your deposit and complete the online blended learning portion prior to attending your class.
How long do my certifications last?
Your Red Cross Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR Certification is good for 2 years! Is your certification expiring? We also offer recertification courses.
How do I successfully complete the Lifeguard Certification Course?
- The courses we offer are BLENDED. You must complete a digital learning module prior to attending your in-person lifeguard course.
- Once your online learning is completed, you will need to be on time and prepared to each day of the in-person instruction.
- Plan to bring the following to each day of class:
- A bathing suit
- A towel
- A writing utensil
- A dry change of clothes
- A light snack/lunch
- The physical screening portion of class will require you to successfully complete the following:
- Swim 300 yards without stopping utilizing either the front crawl or breast stroke.
- First, swim 20 yards. Then, surface dive, feet first or head first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet. Retrieve a 10-pound brick. While swimming, return the brick to the edge of the pool.
- Tread water for two minutes without the use of hands or arms.
- Attendance is mandatory for all days
Can I work at a pool near my house?
We take your proximity into consideration when assigning a home pool! We have many facilities and will do our best to place you conveniently.
How long does the pool season last?
The pool season for many pools can start as early as May 1 and extend through the end of September. Many pools open later and close earlier, however.
What do I have to wear?
We provide you with a uniform! Your uniform will consist of a swimsuit (one piece, two piece, or swim trunks) and two staff shirts. You will also be provided with a hip pack, whistle, and CPR mask which is required during all shifts. You will be required to wear sunglasses while on the lifeguard stand. We encourage you to bring sunscreen and drink plenty of water while working each shift.
What if I have three weeks vacation planned?
If you have vacations planned, please be prepared to give these dates to your Recruiter at your scheduled interview. Otherwise extensive time off cannot be guaranteed.